Ford Taurus A/C Compressor Clutch Replacement Tips
The Ford Taurus A/C Compressor clutch plays a vital role in keeping the air-conditioning system running efficiently. The function of the compressor clutch is to connect the compressor with the engine crankshaft, so that power can be transmitted from the engine to the compressor, which in turn compresses the refrigerant needed for the AC system. If your AC is blowing hot air, even if the refrigerant level is appropriate and there are no leaks, the reason might be the compressor clutch, which you can easily replace using the below mentioned procedure. However, make sure to not mess with the other AC components while you perform the replacement.
- Park your car on ground level and put it intofirst gear in order to avoid movement during the replacement procedure.
- Open the engine hood and disconnect the Negative battery cable.
- Raise the car, place the jack stand under the rear sub frame rails and support the car on jack stands.
- Disconnect the dog bone dampener.
- Remove the engine serpentine belt from engine parts assembly.
- Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly.
- Disconnect the right side end link from either end.
- Remove the right side strut bolt and small bolt that holds the brake line to the strut.
- Place your jack under the passenger's side of the sub-frame near the control arm and remove the two sub-frame bolts on that side.
- Lower the jack so that you can see the A/C Compressor Clutch.
- Remove the front sub-frame bolt on the driver's side.
- After dropping the cradle, remove the center bolt for the clutch.
- Also remove the snap ring, pulley and coil. Be sure to unplug the coil carefully without messing with the wirings and plugs.
- With a small hammer or screwdriver, pry the coil off.
- While reinstalling the coil, a piece of 2×4 or something to cover the "face" of the coil will be required to press it back on its place.
- Perform the installation in reverse order to that ofremoval.
You can always visit the links below to get an exact A/C Compressor Clutch for your Ford Taurus according to its manufacturing year.