Everyone has come across a situation where he needs to change the tires independently. Spare tires and stands that would lift the car so that the task at hand can be carried out properly. These not only serve the purpose of changing the tires but also have the ability to convert any space into an automotive shop. Using the right jack and jack stands would keep your vehicle safe as the car’s weight is balanced. Before buying Jack and Jack stands, a lot of questions come to the mind of motorists. We’ve come up with questions to make the buying process hassle-free for you:
How To Determine the Weight Range Based on My Requirements?
Floor Jack Selection
Ensure that the capacity of the jack aligns with the car you’re working on. According to the thumb rule, the jack’s weight must be three times more than the car’s weight. The jack dimensions are often mentioned on the label attached to it. It’s not difficult to determine the weight capacity of the vehicle. Jack’s weight must be at least 34% of the car’s weight.
For instance, for a 6000-pound SUV, you need a jack stand that is of 1 ton. Besides this, there are other things that you must consider before performing floor jacks and jack stands replacement that has been listed as follows:
- Maximum Lift
- Platform Width
Note: Make sure that emphasis is laid on floor jacks and jack stand price and quality before making the final buying decision.
For Jack Stands
Jack stands come in tower or tripod shape and support the raised vehicle. It must be kept under a vehicle axle or frame and offers extra support to the lifted car. Once you jack up the car, the stands are placed below it, and the car is lowered using the stands.
The market has Jack stands of different types and is distinguished based on maximum height and weight capacity. The height is calculated in inches while the weight is calibrated in tons. Jack stands are sold by pairing them with Floor jacks. Their height is between 13 to 25 inches which could go upto 6 feet. Weight capacity often varies from 2 to 25 tons. They are used while performing repairs or maintenance tasks and aren’t included while the tires are changed.
How Many Jack & Jack Stands Should I Purchase?
According to experts at the online car parts and accessories store, you must purchase a one-floor jack and a pair of jack stands. You can buy more than one-floor jack considering the following parameters:
- If you own two vehicles, buy two jack stands.
- If you have a sports car and a truck, you require two jack stands with a low minimum height and a stand that is higher than the maximum height of the truck.
- In the case of unibody cars, you need jack stands that can be lifted from both sides so that the jack stands can be placed without any hassle. Know your situation, and don’t assume that one jack will serve all your purposes.
- Assess your situation and purchase jack stands that fulfill your requirements.
For Floor Jacks
Floor jacks do have minimum requirements regarding maximum and minimum height and weight. You can buy multiple jack stands, keeping the following things in mind:
- You need to raise the front and rear end of the car simultaneously, which can be achieved via four jack stands.
- Raising a vehicle for prolonged periods is the reason you need multiple jack stands
- If you own multiple vehicles and work needs to be performed on each one of them, invest in multiple jack stands
Where Can I Buy Floor Jacks and Jack Stands From?
If you’re searching for quality floor jacks and jack stands, get them from the customer’s trusted store ‘The Auto Parts Shop.’We have floor jacks and jack stands of the right fitment and are available at affordable rates. Check the measurements to get the floor jacks, and jack stands as per your requirements.
The Bottom Line
Invest in the right size of floor jacks and jack stands to lift your car safely. Compare the floor jack, and jack stand’s prices and buy the one that matches your budget requirements.